Have you come to a crossroad in your life? Has one season of your life come to an end and now your looking for the next? Are you trying to seek God’s direction for your life, but you’re having a hard time understanding what He’s trying to tell you?
Here are 3 Questions to Ask Yourself When Seeking Direction
1. Where do my desires and God’s desires for my life differ?
- “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.” Isaiah 55:8
Let me make this clear: Following your desires, unless they are in accordance with God’s, will end up in heartache.
This being the case, it is imperative that you seek to align yourself with God’s desires for your life, both general and specific.
When you do this, you will find a general direction and a specific connection to what God wants for your life.
2. What distractions in my life might prevent me from following God’s leading?
Your answer to this could really be anything, but it’s important to identify what could potentially distract you from God’s direction for your life.
Let silence be a part of your daily life. Outside noise has the tendency to be a distraction and can easily dro wn out God’s leading that is revealed to us through His word and prayer.
3. Am I prepared to follow God’s call regardless of how hard, inconvenient, and uncomfortable it may be?
If your answer is no, then that’s God telling you to take a step back and truly evaluate where your allegiances lie.
- “Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?” Matthew 16:24-26\
When you seek God’s direction; He’ll never lead you astray!
What are some of the ways you seek God’s direction?